: Go To: Schedule Appointments: Checklist and Form for New and Established Patients: Patient Assignement of Benefits Authorization + Financial Responsibility Disclosure Statement; Patient Responsibility Information Health Insurance Portability and Acccountability Act (HIPAA) : Privacy Policies and other related information: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/index.html
Diabetes Check-up : Dr. Maher meticulously assists patients manage Type 2 Diabetes through regular diabetes check-ups every (3) three to (6) six months plus the following maintenance care:
- Blood test for HbA1c (every 3 - 6 months)
- Blood test for cholesterol and triglycerides (every year)
- Blood test for anemia (at least once per year)
- Urine test for protein or microalbumin (every 6 - 12 months)
- EKG to monitor the health of your heart (every 1 - 2 years)
- Blood tests as needed to monitor the health of your thyroid, liver, and kidneys
- Foot exam
- For many men, a test of your testosterone (should be done in the morning once per year)
- We adhere to the American Diabetes Association guidelines, and recommend the following:
- Dilated retinal eye exam every year (ideally with retinal photographs).
- Dental check-up and cleaning every six months.
- Podiatrist exam for issues relating to your feet.
- Dr. Maher also recommends that patients with uncontrolled blood sugar levels meet with her on a regular basis.
If you are being treated for diabetes , please bring a log of your blood sugar readings to each appointment.
If you are being treated for hypertension, please bring a log of your blood pressure readings to each appointment. Medicare: Please contact Medicare directly for questions regarding patient policy, and "Medicare & You" handbook.
Advance Directive information: http://www.partnershipforcaring.org/Advance/documents